Health and vitality can be enjoyed even to a very advanced age. At Avondale Senior Living Homes, it is our goal to help our residents protect and maintain optimum physical fitness, while retaining their dignity and independence.
Avondale Senior Living is available to serve its clients twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. Our administrative staff is on call after regular business hours to ensure that our clients’ needs are met without interruption of services.
Included below are some of the services which are covered in the monthly room and board at no additional cost
- RN assessment of potential clients
- Support & counseling with families for appropriate placements
- Appropriate referrals to support our clients
- Personal care staff on duty 24 hours a day
- Supervision around the clock
- In home medical care (medical doctor/nurse practitioner)
- Assistance with daily living activities – baths, grooming etc
- Social activities and recreational programs
- Arts and craft
- Music therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy
- Housekeeping services
- Home cooking; nutritionally balanced meals
- Special diets as prescribed by physician
- Palliative care / Hospice care
- Home care support services
- Coordination of transportation to activities and appointments
- Supervision of medication
- Medication delivered to homes
- Bedrooms pre-wired for cable TV and telephone; free wi-fi
- Laundry service provided at no extra cost
- Private sitters when needed
- Respite guests welcome
- Flu shots (In-house) by DeKalb Public Health
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Prior to admission of a new client, the Administrator Director (RN) makes a full assessment of all medications. She also contacts the client’s pharmacy to ensure monthly delivery of all pre-packed medications from the pharmacy.
The Administrative Director (RN) writes the care plans for each client and trains the staff to give individual care as outlined in the Care Plan.
Q. How do I arrange for senior living care ?
A. A phone call to our office will put you in touch with our RN Coordinator. After a conversation with you, we will determine if our senior living care for your loved one is a good fit and arrange a tour.
Q. Who pays for the senior living care ?
A. Services can be paid for directly by the client and/or family members, long-term care through private insurance companies or partial assistance from the Georgia Medicaid Program (CCSP). We also assist veterans to access support from the VA Aid and Attendance Program. We will screen benefit plans and advise accordingly.
Q. How long has Avondale Health Services been serving the community?
A. Avondale Health Services has been in operation since 1990. The company prides itself on its dedication and continuing efforts to provide the best senior living and healthcare services.
Q. Is the company licensed and insured?
A. Avondale Homes is licensed by the Healthcare Facility Regulation Division of the Georgia Department of Community Health and insured for all applicable liability coverages.
Q. Is the client’s course of treatment documented, detailing the specific tasks to be carried out by each caregiver?
A. Documentation of care is plan is completed on admission of each resident. A list of specific tasks known as a “Care Plan” is also completed when the case starts and adjusted as needed. The original copy is added to the client’s file.
Q. What procedures are in place to handle emergencies?
A. Avondale Senior Living has a Patient Care Coordinator on call 24 hours a day. A nurse can be reached to arrange for immediate assistance in case of an emergency.